Thursday, May 15, 2008

A day at the doctor

Normally I enjoy my Thursdays. It's my day to catch up on errands or some times just have "me" time. Peyton goes to KDO this day and so it's just me and Parker T. Most weeks I meet some girlfriends at Starbucks after we drop off our kids. Anyway, this morning I had to go to the doctor to get my thyroid check, which of course took longer than they had told me it would. We have a history of thyroid problems in my family. Then I ran errands and it was then time to pick up Peyton. When I picked him up I took him to the doctor b/cs he's had a rash with raised tiny bumps for a week and being the "Mother of the year" that I am, kept thinking it would go away but it never did. The doc wasn't for sure what it was but said it was probably a virus and would just have to run it's course. Luckily he said it's not contagious since he isn't running fever and seems to be feeling great. So we came home and I layed Parker down for his nap. And wouldn't you know it, he woke up with a 102 fever and sounding congested. His poor little body had red splotches from the fever so I decided not take the chance I had taken with Peyton and call for an appointment. So we hopped in the car and went right back up to the doctor. The doctor looked Parker over and said, "Ears and throat look good, he has a virus that must run his course." Another virus! I hate these things because there's nothing you can do to get rid of them. So my normal "me" Thursday was mainly spent at the doctor's office. I guess there's always next week...

2 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry you had a yucky day. We missed you at SBs! We only have one Thursday left! Boo hoo.

Superchikk said...

I hate that you spent your day at the doctor, but at least you know what's up with the boys. Those things aren't fun, though - especially since you can't do anything to really "make it better" except snuggle and kiss!

Powered By Blogger